New D'Agostino Monoblocks...$250,000

The new D’Agostino Relentless monoblocks cost $250,000 per pair.
They weigh in at 485 pounds.
1500 wpc @ 8 ohms...   3000 wpc @ 4 ohms...   6000 wpc @ 2 ohms.
Gorgeous looking amps for sure and I’m sure they perform like crazy.

http://dandagostino.com/products/relentless-monoblock.php

Be sure to invite me over when you take delivery of your pair.
128x128mitch4t
I have a world class musician available 24/7 with various instruments ready to go at all times. It's me.
Anyway you look at it, 250k for an amplifier is simply nuts in the context of listening to reproduced music. What in the world does it have to do with anything other than some deep pocketed narcissist'  power to show off his latest acquistion to those he wants to impress. No disrepect to Dan intended or implied, one has to make business decisions in order to keep on keeping on,  good luck and fortune to him, he seems a fine and deserving man who's skill in industrial design may superceed the sonic justification of a pair of 465 lb. 250k amps . One thing that can't be denied is they are quite pretty audio jewelry.  
How ironic that at the age where someone can afford such uber-expensive gear, his hearing has probably declined by 20 to 30 %.

Even more ironic, those amps might even be used to play Kenny G's "single-note-ear-bleeder" music.

;)
soniqmike,

I look at it from a positive point of view. That means those able to buy the amps are at 70-80%. Not even sure it's as bad as you make it out to be. It's usually ultra high frequencies anyway. I remember getting upset when I was younger when I would see the "older guys" driving the sport cars I wanted to buy but did not have the paycheck then. I give them credit to be able to live that life. It's not as if any of us here on Audiogon are extremely poor.  

Wow, 250k for amps. Then 2k for the crane, 4k to get another power cable to the house, 4k to re-wire the house, 10k to reinforce the flooring, 4k per year to run them etc etc. and if the sound is off... put them on A'Gon?

They are works of art, put them in a museum. As was said in the film  -Field of Dreams- "Build it and they will come". God also said that to Moses re building the ark.