JVC tt-101 repair

Got a JVC QL-10 with a 120V TT-101. Speed is wonky. Sometimes plays fine, sometimes spins a 1000 RPM, somtimes runs forward & then backward. Could use some help.
128x128gary7
Nah, won't cause damage.  A lot of techs will reflow and add a bit of solder and it's usually not an issue, or it lasts long enough it doesn't matter.  This is one unit where every factor is against you, so the chance of joint failures is high.  I typically see excess solder leading to improperly formed filets, etc.  As long as you're not damaging the board no issue. 

The issue with Lews unit didn't recur here on its own.  I had to flex the board a good amount to get the joint to open, and that in turn caused other joint failures that needed fixed.  It's a bear to do right. 

lewm 
And the primary of the power transformer in my TT101 can be switched for 100V, 120V, and 240VAC input.

That clears things up as I thought I had seen the QL-10 designation
on not only the plinths but also the drives. 
Anyone looking for 120V/240V transformers for the TT101 I have a few that a I had made when I restored mine - which still is sitting on the shelf with few issues to be figured out :-)

Good Listening

Peter
Realized a short while ago mine has been on the shelf for more than a year now. Too many projects.  
Realized a short while ago mine has been on the shelf for more than a year now. Too many projects.
Go for it.