Subwoofer w/ most SPL's For Music Only System

Considering a subwoofer for a music only system. Looking for a sub that will be musical and yet have plenty of headroom to play it loud or turn it down. In other words, powerful bass with the ability to go into the higher spl's if turned up; the kind of sub that has the capability to play a high volume of bass without the benefit of connection to an LFE channel. Considering the Sunfire Signature, Velodyne HGS 15, Earthquake Supernova 15.
foster_9
Thanks Tvad: I tried the ACI Titan II LE. And it is high quality and seamless. The only drawback for me was that in my system and room it was too light in the low end.
Post removed 
I second the Bag End comment from Bob.

I have tried all the subs you mentioned and of the 3 I would probably go HGS-15 1st, Earthquake 2nd and the Sunfire Sig last.

The Earthquake 15 is an excellent sub though for music as well and hits harder than any of the above mentioned subs. The Velo is more musical though.

The Bag End goes lower than all of them though as confirmed by my Velodyne SMS-1 EQ and is the best music only sub of the bunch.

The Bag End does not hit as hard as the Earthquake though. The bass from the Earthquake can get scary if you want it to and with a EQ like the Velodyne SMS-1 you can tame it for music as well. I have heard 2 other systems with Supernova 15's and no eq. Both sounded very impressive with music so I guess an EQ is not mandatory. Most people think that since it has a passive radiator and can hit crazy levels of 117+ db at 35 hz that it can't sound good for music but that is just not the case.

I hope this helps some.

Good luck.
Why not just get the best bass system for music use not a comprimised subwoofer design but a bass horn.Bass horns are at ease at any level you care to listen to.A subwoofer loses detail due to massive driver excursions a bass horn drivers hardly move so detail thats lost to conventional bass systems is reproduced most folks dont know how much detail is in deep bass a bass horn will let you hear this.