ARC Ref 6 and Ref 10 opinions , talk, stories, buying options and opinions

Just for fun question. One of my thoughts from all you audophiles who own the Ref 6 or Ref 10 or anything below would like to know if you had a choice to buy a brand new Ref 6 or a used Ref 10 which would you go with. And i would love to hear your opinions on both of these preamps. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
I own a REF5se as well, but did also hear a REF10. My pocket book made the decision very easy for me. If my ears wrote the check, I would have a REF10. And as bifwayne asked, please share you opinions and experience between the 5 and 6. 
It's been a long time but I'd personally choose a Ref 5SE over the 6 for myself. Even though there are some areas where I prefer the 6, the 5SE is easier for me to listen to long term.

Joeinid, how would you compare the Ref 5SE with the Ref 6. Leagues apart??

I have owned the Ref 5SE, Ref 6 and now the Ref 10 and must say there is a noticeable difference between the units with the biggest difference noted when I went from the Ref 5SE to the Ref 6. However the Ref 10 takes it to another level by expanding the soundstage, providing more transparency and greater inner detail, and allows for improved dynamics, better bass definition and impact with smoother high frequencies. Going from the Ref 5SE to the Ref 6 is the best value but why stop there when the Ref 10 is available. I have recently upgraded the stock tubes in my Ref 10 and Ref 250SE's with the 6H30P-DR’s aka “Reflectors” and the Winged C SED 6550C’s …..now my Ref 10/250SE's combo is magical.
This is a rather familiar post. Clearly, the only consensus among ARC preamp owners is that the Ref 10 or Anniversary are the best, and the improvement moving up the line from the Ref 3 is night and day for some and marginal to others. I would love to have been in a room with all of them to compare for myself.