How good is the Obsidian plinth of Technics SP10 ?

Recently I heard an SP10 MK2 playing music at a friend's place. It was mounted on the stock Obsidian plinth. It actually sounded very good. I wonder how good is the Obsidian plinth compared to:

1. Typical after market birch ply plinths ?

2. Custom designed plinth like the Panzerholz plinths made by Albert Porter ?

Any ideas ?
pani
Widely-varying listening environments make for widely-varying opinions.

Well put Chayro, agreed.  As do widely-varying associated equipment and personal listening preferences make for widely-different opinions. 
it becomes absurd and anti-economic to spend more on the basis than on the cost of the entire turntable, it would be like using a Denon DL 103 and combining a € 2,000 tonearm ... some crazy does it surely but serves proportion in things and also know how to settle ihmo
@best-groove 

Denon DL 103 and combining a € 2,000 tonearm ...  

Haha, some people actually invest € 750 on top of the cost of the stock DL-103 to upgrade it, instead of buyin much better cartridges. Same with the plinth for SP-10mkII 

@chakster , If I remember well ''our Aussie'' stated to consider

FR-64 S a bargain. I consider SP 10,mk2 as the best  buy ever.

The fact , while curious, that some spend $4000 for the plinth

for this TT is a kind of praise for the ''naked thing''.

I don't have my plinth anymore, this is how it looks "naked" on very special AT616 Pneumatic Suspension Insulators, 4 footers designed to hold the weight up to 60kg and turntable can be leveled perfectly. I saw smaller model of AT footers under your plinth.