power

just curious. what is the most powerfull amplifier built for a home system. I've read articles about car amps producing watts that are in the maybe 5,000 watt range,
128x128g_nakamoto
It's a "first watt" concept for my tastes. Having owned a lot of powerful amps I've joined the cult of Single Ended esoterica. Efficient speakers (99db) and a little gem of a SEP amp (Firebottle HO...it's a HO) from Dennis Had performs brilliantly,  far better than any mega watt amp I've owned. I do use high power amps (between powered subs, speakers, and passive speakers using high powered amps you get well into thousand of watts even for small-ish rooms) in live sound work as I like the headroom they provide.
"a high current power amplifier  will take you to the next level. Think Amps ..... not watts."

This notion of "high-current" amplifier has made amplifier manufacturers to publish bogus and completely meaningless numbers just to fool prospective - and ignorant, buyers to put their money down on sub-par electronics. Anyone with even the most elementary knowledge of laws of electricity knows that the current delivered by an amplifier is a function of the load (ohms) "seen" by that amplifier. And furthermore, that load varies across the frequency (Hz) spectrum produced by the speaker.
So a high current power amplifier, will not take you to the next level  unless you look at other actually measurable and more meaningful specs.
Sorry about the digression. 
I agree with Mr. Garcia in both concept (First Watt/quality)  and practically.
Charles
There are pro audio amps that get into the extreme output range.  The Lab.Gruppen FP14000 will do 7,000 watts x 2 channels into a 2ohm load.  The Powersoft K20 will do 9,000 Watts x 2 channels into a 2ohm load.