Why do no audio enthusiasts use McIntosh?

With the exception of some of there tube gear, not many really use this stuff(or admit to it anyway), I am mainly referring to there amps. They look pleasant, they look good on paper and have the price of high end gear, but I seldom hear anyone claiming to like or one day dreaming of owning McIntosh. I have never really listened to there stuff, no good word of mouth sort of scares me away from it, the only people who like it are those who sell it, an uncanny coincidence? I don’t know. Sorry it this has been covered many times in the past, I ran a search and could not find anything.
tireguy
+1 Larry  Essential advice....

So, continue to love whichever product you want.

Mac amps and preamps need to match well with whatever speaker you choose. I had a MC 7270 amp and MC C37 preamp driving Thiel CS3 speakers for over 20 years, starting in the late 80s. That was a wonderful match. I hated the weight of the amp, but Mac gear is very reliable and if a good match to other gear, a great investment. If you like the looks and sound of Mac gear, go for it.

Years later when I tried using the amp with Maggie speakers, the charm wasn’t there. The protection circuits at higher volume kicked in giving off an awful artifact I couldn’t live with. No longer a good match. I easily sold off my Mac gear for a very good return after all those years. Given my long use, I’d classify it as an effective investment.

I was an enthusiastic audiophile when I first bought the Mac gear, and I’m still one today, although I’m running very different gear (< 10 pound tube amp). Audiophiles do buy Mac, but many buyers don’t necessarily swim in these sites. They buy and enjoy, long term.

"Why do no audio enthusiasts use McIntosh?"

Not true!

Over on the Audio AudioAficionado Forum
(https://www.audioaficionado.org) you will find many Mac enthusiats who have very fine systems which also often include some of the very best gear from other respected brands. 
i worked in a world class studio with a lead tech who built princes paisley park studios and the studio owner is a very well respected engineer who now has his own line of high end speakers now, he also designed the main speakers, guess what powered them? McIntosh!!! 
 so some of your music you listen to through your classe or levinson amps was mixed listening through Mc's
This thread is a joke. First tireguy asks this bone head question why no audio enthusiasts use McIntosh?where does this question come from, How does he know no audio enthusiasts use Mac, has he scaled the world over and been in every Audiophiles listening room? As for all the negative responses trying to give their two cent worth of why this is I just LOL out loud.
I have owned a few Mac amps in the past,don’t own any at this time,but their last few generations are some of the best amps I’ve heard.