Why Oh Why Isn't Anyone Building A Decent 2 Way Stand Mount Using

the 94db,8" Silver Flute woofer?Decware has a nice pair with low end HiVi ribbon tweeter but I prefer a soft dome...Seems like a prime candidate when compared to single driver hi eff...Anyone know of a good soft dome that might work well with it?
freediver
Without spending lots of money and you said you prefer a soft dome.I would look at this tweeter and do your crossover points at 2.5k to 3k and call it a day.The horn loading will give you a little bigger sweet spot.

Good luck,
Kenny.
@freediver I agree with you on the Silver Flute drivers.  Both the 6.5" and 8" represent tremendous value for money.

I have several Silver Flute tweeters (and a pair of 10" woofers), and in addition to not matching at all cosmetically, they really don't stack up to the aforementioned drivers.

These days, it's more difficult to find decent lower cost 8 ohm tweeters.  So in this case, I recommend the typical upper shelf tweeters used in more expensive implementations. I like the ScanSpeak offerings myself, but that's not to slight Dynaudio, Morel, Tymphany, etc.