Speaker Cable Upgrade... Advice Please

My current cables are Cardas Cross.  My speakers are Wilson Sophia 2.  I just changed electronics from Audio Research tubes, PS Audio DAC, and Whest Phonostage to the Devialet Expert 220 Pro.  The sound is a bit more bright and forward than with the previous gear.  I am happy overall, but I would like to tame it a little.  I am considering an upgrade to the next price category in speaker cables.  $2-3k retail new for a 2.5 meter pair.  Any suggestions for a cable that will work well with my gear?  Any thoughts on Nordost in that price range?  Perhaps Heimdall 2?

The brands that have peaked my interest are Purist, Verastarr, Nordost, and Cardas.

thanks!
Mark
marktomaras
There are lots of suggestions but here is one more — I totally get why you went with Devialet. So, the thing I might add is that Devialet uses Crystal Cable in their product? Have you tried that? If you are moving to Europe, you will  find some good deals on preowned Crystal Cable at the higher end (maybe not the highest end, but down just from the top tier). Good luck. Have a listen to Prince singing Joni Mitchell's version of A Case of You. Sounds great on the Devialet. 
I would go back to the AR and ps audio dac. Cables will not make a cold sounding system sound like a tube system.
The Duelund wire is cheap enough to try...I’m very happy with it.  I find it more articulate, with better tone than the cards clear beyond and Nordost Valhalla...

I don't think you should spend "More" money on cables.  You may want different ones... but more expensive doesn't make a lot of difference IMO in sound quality.  There is definitely a point of diminishing return.  I would try a few different sets (like from cable company) and keep the ones you like best.  But don't just assume you have to spend $2k to $3k for speaker cables.