Revel Salon 2’s (used) or new Magico A-3 (new) ??

Have recently heard the Salon 2’s and think they are incredible. (I owned the Salon 1’s previously
and now own Golden Ear Triton Reference)
i love the Refs, and they can be considered keepers for sure, but think I may like the Salon 2’s
more, but of coarse did not hear them in my house. 
I have heard them twice now, and was super impressed (as was my wife the last time) and think
i May make the plunge.

My budget for this last speaker purchase will be ~$11k ish, give or take. So having said that, the other speaker on my radar is the new to be released Magico A-3, but don’t think I can have a pair in my hands for another 3-4 months.

Has anyone heard the new Magico at Axpona, that has experience with he Salon 2’s?

I’m solid on Salon 2 if I can find the right deal (have seen them going for $9k now) I may grab
a pair. I have a local pair lined up for $11k. 

So, wanted to take a brief poll and see if anyone has the experience with the two pair in question.

Thanks in advance!

telescope_trade
Yeah, Salon 2 is a fantastic bargain if you can get a nice set at the prices you mention.  I heard the A3 at AXPONA, but the room was so crowded that I couldn't get to a nice seated position.  Some people raved about them and others thought they were good, but not better than some of the other new options at the $10K price point, such as the new Revel 228Be and Focal Kanta No. 2. 

If you can make it to Dallas, the Magico A3 is going to be at the Lone Star Audio Fest(free admission) on May 4-6 at the Embassy Suites Dallas Park Central.
I thought the Revel F228be was superior to the A3, and the Salon2 should be a step up from the F228be.  

If you can get a nice pair of Salon2s for $9,000 I’d jump on that all day long, provided you have a big enough room for them.  
I’d be surprised if the new Performa3 BE series didn’t measure better than the Ultima2 series. The ceramic mids are a major step up from those older Ultima2 titanium mids which were ported over from the old JBL PT series.

The Salon2/Studio2 Stereophile measurements all had some noticeable midrange hash from the spectral decay measurements that you don’t usually see in new flagship speakers today. 
At Axpona the A3 were in a different league then the Revel F228be, but if you are used to the hash of the Ravel, you might find the clarity of the A3 boring.    
Thanks for the reply’s so far! Why don’t we throw the B&W 803 D3’s into the mix. I have not really heard a pair except for background music playing. But did think
on one audition of the 804 D3’s, they were very nice.