Why LCD and Plasma? 37

It seems to me that LCD and Plasma are discussed most when it comes to TV these days, is there something wrong with other formats such as DLP, 3LCD, etc.?

I would like to purchase a new TV for our bedroom and I was looking at the $800 range, this had me loking at 32" HD TV's, at least those of quality; I'd prefer slightly bigger. I happen to look at a 37" Sony (KDF37H1000) that I thought looked nice, just under $900, and I saw that it was 3LCD, this is a rear projection TV.

Why do these formats get little discussion?

Any suggestions for a 37" (or larger) HD TV for a good price?
brianmgrarcom
I am still using a high end Laser Disc player, and have a few hundred movies in the LD format.

What problems might I encounter when using an HDTV plasma display?
Post removed 
My five year old 36" Sony XBR does 1080i. Will I be okay when the analog broadcasts go the way of the Dodo? I plan to use this in the bedroom when I purchase a new T.V.
I have yet to see a high definition LCD or Plasma TV displaying a standard definition 4:3 aspect ratio signal that didn't look like crap. Do any exist?
I purchased a 42" Panasonic plasma and I hooked it up today; I don't have the HD receiver yet so I can only watch SD programs. I wouldn't know your standards for SD TVAD, but what I have been watching tonight looks very good to me, after making video adjustments.

I am also impressed with the stretch mode, called "JUST", this surprises me. It depends on what you are watching though. When watching some Karate on ESPN2, most of the viewing from the camera was away, it looked quite good. ESPN2 followed up with boxing and the announcers being near field of the camera, I don't like that as much.
Post removed