Soundlab speakers with sub woofers?

Hello, I'm looking for input from folks that have used Soundlab speakers or electrostat speakers with sub woofers. It's thought that the sub woofer needs to be quick in order to keep up with the speed of the panel and integrate seamlessly. Has anyone found a subwoofer(s)that was fast enough to work with an electrostat panel and more specifically Soundlab electrostats? What model of subwoofer worked well and how was the subwoofer integrated into the system?
128x128keithmundy
I'm sorry Bob_reynolds but none of subs you suggested come even close to Soundlab's B1 or B1S. None of them will properly integrate with Soundlab panels, they don't have the resolution and you're stuck with their crappy built in amps. Once you get into Soundlab level speakers you need the rest of your system to match accordingly. If you use Tube amps on the panel then that's what you need for the sub or you stay all SS of the same quality, preferably the same amp for the subs. IME these powered woofers will do for HT sound effects but they don't have the quality for high end music reproduction.
david
Thank you all for the responses. Yes, I agree SL does have pretty darn good bass. I'm just worried if I might need to use other subs to get the bass optimized because I will not be able to move the panels around which appears to be the usually the way the bass is optimized with the SL
Keith, subs aren't woofer towers, they're the to enhance the low and very low frequencies, you can't use them for easing speaker placement.
david
Keith, subs aren't woofer towers, they're there to enhance the low and very
low frequencies, you can't use them for easing speaker placement. Subs will
add to the complexity, they have their own placement and setup requirements
that must be taken into consideration.

If you're worried about your room and buying them new, you should make
some kind of deal for setting them up with your dealer.
david
The question of panel vs dynamic subs mating well with panel speakers is probably not worth debating unless you've heard both types in a similar environment. Outside of Soundlab's own Roger West, I can't imagine that too many folks have actually experienced this because (judging from the photos here):

http://www.soundlab-speakers.com/customer-installation.html

you'd have to be an unusually dedicated (read "crazy") hobbyist to set up Soundlab's subwoofers and then send them back. In the words of Eddie Murphy regarding suitcases (IIRC) those suckers are with you for life.

PS - FWIW, my own experience is that mating dynamic subs with Magnepan panels is much less daunting than many believe, provided you have the tools for the job. IME it's certainly a lot easier in the digital domain, if that's appropriate for your needs.