Any experienced Projector users?

I know there are a ton of websites and info to be found but there is a certain comfort asking people on Audiogon questions I have, I have done a ton of research so I dont have a ton of question's and just need to confirm some ideas and options.
If anyone out there is up on the more budget end of projectors let me know please.
Main concerns are ceiling height placement, lens shift and zoom options and a few general concerns....thanks
chadnliz
As I said I have been Projectorcentral, AVSforum, Audioholics and learned a ton of info but talking to real world owners makes me more comfortable, especially folks on this website.
I have an Epson Powerlite S5 projecting on an 8x12ft wall to play Wii games. This is a $600 solution and I think it's well worth it. The only draw-back is that you have to buy Component Video cable to feed into HD15 to get the best video out of it.
1-The rear projector may be nice but, how will you get it down the basement stairs?
2-My NEC is 2000 lumens and still doesn't look nearly as good with any lights on. One 40 watt light cuts the quality a lot.
3-Don't skimp on the screen. A higher gain screen will let you get away with more light.
4-Finally, don't mount the projector right over your "sweet spot". You will hear the fan. You can mount it much closer or farther away and zoom in/out. You can even get different lenses to allow different placement.