Owning too many speakers

I have multiple sets of speakers that I own and listen to. I have a garage full (my listening space) of Thiel cs3.5, Klipsch Cornwall II's and Heresies, Carver AL-III, Dahlquist dq-10, Allied 2300c, vintage Infinity, B&w, Soundwave pointsource 3.0 - let alone the ones in other systems in the house and what I've sold over the last 12 months - I've bought none of these new (pawnshops, newspaper, garage sales, thrift stores,consignment) I've found every speaker has its own sound/characteristics (image, soundstage, accuracy) and depending on the day i enjoy listening to each. Are there others with this type of speaker interest?
thymanst
I try to keep at least one pair of speakers available that are not currently in active systems.

Why?
Variety & Backup
I have a pair of Quad ESL 57 and a pair of Triangle Celius 202.Depends on the type of music I play.
"Are there others with this type of speaker interest?" LOL!!!
Are you kidding??? Welcome to the jungle brother! You are at home here! Most of us here are similarly afflicted. BTW, in answer to the title of your post - you CAN'T own too many speakers!

As for me: Rogers Studio 1a, Quad 12L, ATC SCM20SL, Krix Equinox (2 pair), D.A.S Monitor 8, and various other no name brands...
I own a pair of B&W 802Ds and will purcfhase a pair of Wilson Watt Pupp 7s. I currently have the 802Ds for sale in the classified articles, but I have been considering keeping them since earlier today.

I enjoy the sound of both speakers immensely and like you have found I enjoy their distinct sound characteristics when I'm in different moods. I figure it doesn't matter a whole lot if the surround speakers don't match 100% as long as the 3 front channels in the surround system match extremely well. Perhaps in two years I can have a separate surround system for each pair of speakers.
I have 6 pairs of speakers that I consider relevant at this point, plus some cheapos. All are more or less in use in a separate system/room. I just bought 2 new pairs makes 8 so will need to sell one or 2 sets soon to make room. I too like the variety. 2 pairs are DIY, 2 pairs Totem (Sttaf, Mani-2), 2 pairs Von Schweikert (VR3, VR4-III), and my trusty vintage Infinty Montor IIa. oh, and plus Regas in the home theater.