Coherent Speakers from Canada

Hi. I am quite interested in this line of speakers, especially the 10" and 12" models..has anyone had experience with them? or currently running them? The only place I see them for sale is from a dealer in Canada, Audiowise....any info would be appreciated.

rwanda
Coherentguy:

Here's an example: my personal website: www.steve-fretz.com.  It took me a couple of hours, tops.  It's for my fine art photography, so not exactly your line of work, but I think it's cohesive and advertises what I do accurately.  I did it even though I know nothing about web development. 

For you, getting really good product photos will be the hardest part.   

I love speakers and speakerbuilding, and if you'd like advice/help, PM through audiogon and I'll give you IRL contact info.  It's probably not as hard a job as you think, if you start with the right framework.  I totally get that your "real" work comes first, but as a very perceptive realtor once told me, "people shop with their eyes.
I hope to hear these speakers some day. They are understated but seem to be very well designed and executed.  The fact that they are easily driven with a 3 watt 2A3 SET amplifier confirms the easy speaker load which is always a good attribute in my opinion. I suspect that the sound quality is very  natural and high level. 
Charles 
A long-time Tannoy dual concentric enthusiast, I recently auditioned, at Coherent Audio, a pair of the Model 15s (non-beryllium version). Suffice to say, I put down a deposit and expect to take delivery in the next week or so. Unlike many of you posting on this thread, I've always preferred solid-state—high-power, high-current solid-state—to tubes. However, as with a good pair of Tannoys or Altec/GPA 604s, the high-nineties sensitivity of the Model 15 comes with some seriously high power handling, so one can use virtually any amp, from the 2A3-based tubes amps of 3.5 Wpc that Frank uses to demo the speakers, to the 1500 Wpc amp I'm current enjoying from D-Sonic in Texas. Will endeavour to report in the coming weeks on how I find the Model 15s compared to my trusty Tannoy System 15 DMT II (now 25 years old),
Unlike many of you posting on this thread, I’ve always preferred solid-state—high-power, high-current solid-state—to tubes.

The most amazing speaker demo I’ve ever had was Tannoy Churchills driven by a Krell FPB 300.

The night before we’d heard Le Sacre du Printemps live, 5th row center at Avery Fisher.

The Tannoys, playing the Reference Recordings version of same, were able to recreate the performance, the sound washing over us like waves breaking on shore.

I love tubes as much as the next guy (probably more ... was deeply into horns and SETS for many years), but there’s a lot to be said for big, effortless, grain-free solid state.

Except the cost, of course.