How to re-terminate Valhalla

Hi there. This is my first posting in this forum. I have a pair of 26” RCA terminated Nordost Valhalla IC’s which I would like to re-terminate to XLR. I am planning to do this myself. I like to tinker and am pretty good with a soldering iron.  I have removed the RCA sleeves and studied the connections=4 red wires to hot center pin and 4 clear wires to negative pin. The outer shield, far as I can tell, is not connected. My questions is, when I solder to the new XLR connectors, do I solder the 4 red wires to pin 2 (hot) and the 4 clear wires to pin 3 (neutral)? And what do I do with the outer shield? Do I bundle it and wire to pin 1 (ground) or leave it floating? And if I connect ground do I do both ends or just the output end? Thanks in advance for your help. 
angelinareef
Solderless is good, but not enough. If you pour silicon glue with glue gun, you can finesse your work with usable strength to hold in place FIRM
Thank you both. I am set on soldering. I already have Neutrik connectors, silver solder and even ordered a lighted LED magnifier task lamp for such work. Anyone out there who can confirm which wires go to which pins? Thank you!
That's a shame. After moving to Bocchino and Eizz, I've got a bag full of cut off and discarded Neutriks that I could have sent gratis. 
How long does it take you to get bocchinos?  I hear there is a lengthy wait and sometimes issues with consistency.  In terms of performance though, I understand it's hard to beat.
VALHALLAS are premium cables with a classic FMV on resale or trade.

I would only have NORDOST reterminate them if you want to retain their value . Otherwise you won’t likely be able to ever sell them as OEM VALHALLAS again because of a non-factory DIY job.

(1) Nordost policy:.
Yes, factory re-termination is available. This is best done through our worldwide network of Authorized Nordost Dealers who can arrange the return of the cables to our factory for re-termination.

Well worth the investment ....cheap cost of insurance to do it "right".