scientific double blinded cable test

Can somebody point to a scientific double blinded cable test?
nugat
Wasn’t the test basically blind since nobody knew which direction would be the preferred direction, for each cable tested? Even the person reversing the cable didn’t know a priori. Unless the cables are marked for direction you can’t tell by looking at them. If they were marked, they wouldn’t have had to test them, no? Looks blind to me. 👀
An old philosopher once said, never go test something at someone else’s system. You might not like what you hear. 😬 There are too many variables.
When a group of people all hear the same thing, at the same time, in the same setting, and under the same circumstances, double blind testing would be entirely redundant....  Double blind testing would only serve to dumb down an event which is in it's very nature.... 

@nonoise 

It's okay if we agree to disagree. All good :)

To my way of thinking, the fact that the group all heard the same thing is precisely the reason for the blind test; to do away with "bias". The blind test would serve as confirmation or further evidence. It doesn't dumb it down, it smartens it up.

So given your position on the matter, under what scenario should a blind test be used? 

geoffkait
"
An old philosopher once said, never go test something at someone else’s system. You might not like what you hear"
I am unafraid I will test cable directionality no problem and donate my $25K USD winnings to charity lets see if gdhal means business or is just another winkly dinkler!