VON SCHWEIKERT VR-1 OR PARADIGM STUDIO 20 V3

I currently own a pair of Paradigm Studio 20v3 but I am thinking of replacing them with the Von Schweikert VR-1.
The thing is that I don't have any access to the VR-1's to audition them. I am just going by some professional and consumer reviews saying that the VR-1's have better midrange and soundstage. Can anyone out there share his thoughts about these standmounts?
I would really appreciate any input.....
alfr
I agree with S7HORTEN, I own the paradigm 20 v2, that I use as a back channel for home theatre. I also use a Rotel RSP 1066 and the 1095 amp. My brother in-law has the VR-1 which I had the opportunity to use for about 3 months. However I just used them in my 2 channel set-up which is Classe 301 amp, Joule Electra tube pre, and audio research cd-2. I also used multiple types of wires over the months that I had them. I was very impressed at first for about a week with the VR-1, and they sounded very good on jazz like acoustic alchemy. If I only played that I would be satisfied, but ultimately I connected the Paradigms up and switched back and forth for over a month. Paradigms were much more pleasing every time. Better bass, soundstaging, fuller, and overall much bigger sounding. I like von schweikert speakers and also own the vr-4 gen 3 but I feel they also do not compare to my other full range speakers. Sorry I did not compare using the Rotel equipment,but I can't help but feel the results would be similar.
I have the VR-1s and love them. For reference, I have the Creek 5350 SE, NT 4000 with upsampler and generic cables (blue Jeans and homemade speaker cables). It does have a lot to do with the elctronics, but perhaps more with the room. The VR-1s are sold used infrequently so if you bought them and decided to sell them, you would find many willing buyers. My room is small and they actually sit in the bookshelves! It is my second system, and, yes, I do know what great audio sounds like! I was as surprised as you that they actually did sound great in the bookshelf. I do put them out on stands when I can. My favorite aspect of the VR-1s is their detail, soundstage and 3 dimensionality. I feel like I can see the players. I prefer them for small groups, vocals, strings. I do not prefer them for loud rock or large orchestra, in my room. I hope this helps you.
>I do not prefer them for loud rock or large orchestra, in my room. I hope this helps you.<

Speakers that can only do one or two types of music are pretty much worthless, unless that is the ONLY music you listen to. Just my opinion....

Oz
I agree with some posts above. I've owned the Paradigm Studio 100s and VS speakers. With Rotel gear the Paradigms are a great match. If you end up going tubes (ASL, Jolida, etc) then VS might be the better choice.

I tried VS with Rotel gear and they weren't the best match.