Two different amps to horizontal bi amp?

I have Hales Designer Reference One speakers. They have three sets of post for speaker wire. I presently have one amp (Wingate 2000)class a amp. I have added a Sunfire signiture subwoofer to extend the lower registers but do not like the overall blending of the two. Here is my question / statement. I have an opportunity to purchase a Threshold S500 class a/b amp. I would use this to drive the woofers and use the Wingate to run the tweeter and mids. I feel the Threshold would elevate the bass performance and allow me to eliminate the sub woofer. Would this work? What kind of potential problems would or could I have?

Thanks
128x128bozo
With regard to the question of monoblocks vs. bridged stereo amps.

Generally speaking stereo amps do not increase current output when they are bridged into mono. You may see an increased wattage spec but the current output is typically not much higher.

I say generally speaking because there are some amplifiers which, either because they are dual differential or truly balanced or whatnot, will be able to effectively double their current output when bridged into mono. You should research your particular amp and find out.

In most cases I am not a big fan of bridging amps into mono and prefer to bi-amp instead. I had a customer who was using two big 600 wpc. McIntosh amps bridged into mono and we unbridged them for him and set them up as vertically bi-amped stereo amps. He could play _much_ louder and the bass was much deeper. More current - that was the trick.
Any thoughts regarding a Bryston 4B3, bi-amping (horizontal vs vertical) vs bridging into a monovloc? 
In most cases I am not a big fan of bridging amps into mono and prefer to bi-amp instead. I had a customer who was using two big 600 wpc. McIntosh amps bridged into mono and we unbridged them for him and set them up as vertically bi-amped stereo amps. He could play _much_ louder and the bass was much deeper. More current - that was the trick.
+1, vertical bi-amping = shorter speaker cable, less crosstalk.