New McIntosh MA252

Wondering if anyone has listened to the new MA252. I have an MA6500 pushing 200 watts into my SF Olympica llls which I think sound great. Question - would the tube preamp on the new MA252 add noticeable warmth, richness, sound stage presence? Thanks. 

128x128teboerio
I received mine last week after a two and a half month wait. It's had about twenty hours of burn in time and I like the sound very much. The tone controls come in handy as I have a large CD collection dating back from the present to some thirty years ago and those equalizations are all over the place.

The integrated amp uses the same power amp section as the MA5200 with the distinction that output transistors have been upgraded to a higher current rating.
The really exciting design feature is the new tubed preamp which captures tonal color and smoothness of presentation in voice and acoustic instruments with charm and verve. Lots of triode magic there.

I've done some tube rolling, replacing the stock JJ Tesla 12AX7 with Gold Lion
B759 drop in type. Detail, smoothness and transparency are first rate. I have some NOS Mullard 12AT7 coming in along with the Gold Lion equivalent this week. I'll report on those soon.

Interestingly, the phono and headphone sections are solid state. There is no
power amp input or preamp output, nor is there a home theatre pass through. Other than these omissions the MA252 has everything I could possibly need.
Build quality is excellent and the very basic remote is a joy to use.

I can't compare it to any other mac gear but I thought it sounded great connected to a pair of Sonus Faber Vener's (I believe they were). My friend who owns a shop told me that the MA252 is really hard to get your hands on right now. It's such a gorgeous amp you find yourself standing close to it for a bit. He had me sit in the sweet spot while he played some Peter Gabriel for me and I could easily live with it. I don't know any specs and was just dropping by to say hello and price an Accuphase CD player. I think it's going to be a huge seller for McIntosh. It's a great entry into the higher end and if I owned one and wanted to upgrade I would not sell but move to another room or cottage.

I just received mine yesterday, using it in my office rig.  I am very impressed with build and sound quality.  When I get around to it, I will compare it with my PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium integrated.