Ugly vs Gogeous speakers

I know speakers should be all about sound but I can't help responding to the look as well and this presents me with a dilemma.

I have owned B&W Nautilus 803's for many years and love the sound and value (excellent sound for reasonable cost). I would love to upgrade but I (and wife) think that the retro Star Wars R2D2 looking speaker (802) is nothing we would have in our living space.

What do others think the best looking / sounding speaker is? Do looks matter to you?

128x128jyprez
I'll buy for sound, even if the speakers are butt ugly.  I presently own a pair of Ohm 1000's painted black.  They look good to me, but I want speakers that let me forget I'm listening to speakers and allow me to concentrate on the sound rather than the source, which the Ohms do.  You CAN get the best of both worlds, but the whole point is basically what appeals to my ears, not my eyes.
Careful what you ask for:  I bought a pair of racing red KEF LS50s for the living room.  My wife loves their appearance so much she wont consider replacing them with KEF Reference 1s.
B&W 800 Matrix. I remember looking and reading about them in stereophile when they first came out. I was in awe back then. I used to look at the pics and dream of owning them one day. Today they are now in my room and love looking at them and the sound is amazing. Don’t know what I like better the sound or their looks. 😂
Tannoy Definition 10T in cherry,  they ended my speaker merry go round, with both looks and sound.

More to discover