Help with next upgrade

I’m filing this under amps/preamps, however, it also pertains to speakers and turntable. I’m ok with used or new. I am looking to upgrade either my TT, amp or speakers. Essentially, I am building around two recent Pass Labs purchases which I love. My budget is up to $5K.

For consideration, I am looking at the Pass Labs XA-25 (I’ve read and watched plenty of reviews on this amp), Zu Omen Def MKII or Zu Soul Supreme (also open to suggestions but would like to hear about these). For a potential TT upgrade, I like VPI but if I move to another TT, I’d like it to be with less manipulation. I like my sound but I’ve spent an awful long time trying to dial in VTA/VTF/azimuth, etc.

My current set-up includes:

VPI Scout 1.1 (under consideration for upgrade)
Lyra Delos MC
Pass Labs XP-12 (pre)
Pass Labs XP-17 (phono pre)
Rogue Cronus Magnum 1 (under consideration for upgrade)
Zu Audio Soul MKII (under consideration for upgrade)
Zu cabling throughout

Thanks for taking the time and I look forward to your feedback.

asp307
If it were me, I'd ditch the TT and move to streaming....
Otherwise, I would opt to upgrade the Zu's first, then the Pass pre, and either upgrade the Rogue, or get a Pass amp.
B

Why not sell the XP-12 and Rogue Cronus Magnum 1 then just buy a Pass Labs INT-60 or INT-30A?

I would NOT ditch the TT, and while I can understand your frustration setting up a turntable, in my experiences, it gets easier as you get more experienced and also get the right tools. Soundsmith's Counter Intuitive makes for simpler fine VTF and Azimuth adjustments.

I have a VPI Prime, and I found it a worthwhile upgrade over the Scout.
Yes, it does have more adjustments than a Rega turntable, but that also allows you to adjust things like VTA rather easily with just a knob.
The Rega requires shims to adjust VTA.

However, if you really just want a plug and play TT, Rega is probably your best bet. I know it's getting rather old in the tooth, but I always liked the Planar 9 best.

@jmcgrogan2 thanks for your feedback. I love the pass pieces and I have no desire to sell them. I find it hard to believe that the int 30 and 60 have a better linestage and amp than the xp-12 and xa-25 at a lower price. I looked into them when sourcing the pass components and I believe I was told that the integrateds have the equivalent of the xp-10. Certainly no slouch, but if Pass only puts out new product every 8-10 years, when significant changes have occurred, I would have to think they felt compelled regarding the prospects of the 12 vs 10. Now, I’m sure some would prefer the 10 over the 12 as we all have varying preferences.

I had a p3 and liked it, although I like your recommendation of the prime which seems to have a better tone arm assembly with on the fly adjustments. I do have the counter intuitive and it is helpful, however, I have a bad case of the ‘what ifs’ when it comes to optimal adjustments and tweaking.

Thanks again for your help @jmcgrogan2, I appreciate it.

@gdnrbob thanks for your suggestions. Currently, I stream when I’m cleaning the house or doing things where I don’t desire to pay full attention to music. I have been tempted by the Brooklyn Dac+, however, I am personally more captivated by analog. I believe I will add streaming at some point but it doesn’t fit with this particular upgrade opportunity.