Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
My vintage Sony PS4300 DD (1976) is still pristine and working like new. Many cartridges died along the way. Still performs magnificently and sounds good too.
Knocking on wood. Still got original box and it's 220/110 convertible. Purchased at the PX in Giessen Germany.
Eat your hearts out, LOL
Your Sony is probably still working because it has had one owner since new, who used it regularly, which is good for the longevity of the electrolytic capacitors inside. But they won't last forever.

i hope your glee to read of other people's problems is a put on for fun. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that score.

Lewm, of course it was in jest as I'm more than well aware of problems that occur with vintage equipment. I can honestly say this piece is a lone survivor and I pray it stays with me. Other vintage from the era has gone to equipment heaven. I sympathize with all who lost a piece of equipment that they loved. It's almost impossible to have it repaired and cost prohibitive. I cannot see myself forking out big $$$ for a new table. Please don't take offense.

No apology needed.
i advise you to replace all electrolytic capacitors now, before any problems associated with their failure occurs. It's cheap to do even if you have to pay someone else to do it. That plus maybe a relube of the bearing should get you another 30 years.
Dear @lewm : Normally in this and other threads but in the same subject your advise is the same : replace electrolytic caps and you terrorice the DD vintage owners with that not very good founded advise.

If you take 10K vintage DD TT maybe you can find out 10 of them that could be with some kind of problems and I'm not saying in specific that those problems came from the caps but from anywhere.

I own sevfal vintage DD TT from Denon, Technics, JVC and Pioneer and no single one even that were out of play for " hundreds " of years when I put to spin everything is fine.
Many of my  audio friends here what own are vintage DD TT and no one and I mean it never had a single problem with.

I respect you as as I respect other gentlemans in the thread but I think that we don't have to be worried about especially with units as that @gillatgh  's Sony.  Don't need to terrorice because of that.

I own other vintage electronics and never never failed because electrolytic caps ! ! ! 

Things are that from some years now the refurbished vintage TT ( as after market analog " improvements " items .)  is the best audio bus$sines of the last two centurys thank's to that " terrorice "  with no clear foundations that as always only: " I like it more than before. ".

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.