Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Beetle, I do recommend coming as close as possible to the original value, since that affects frequency balance and phase addition through the crossover. I am a big fan of double-bypassing and like your idea of adding the third cap to hit 27.93uF. That 0.33 cap can be ultra-quality which keeps the razor sharp leading edge transients from smearing.

I think that your first proposal built on CSAs is a better idea than the 0.01uF ultra with the SAs. CSAs seem to be a big step up from SAs, which were ClarityCap's best in their day.

If you do this mod, I would appreciate you modifying one speaker and perform whatever comparative tests you can between old and new. We can build a knowledge base here on the forum for the benefit of all, including yet to be identified upgraders everywhere.
Thank You- beetlemania 
for your diligent work regarding updating/upgrading the caps in our speakers. Keep up the excellent research.
Happy Listening!
Tom,
They were indeed Brazilian Rosewood... you picked the pair personally.
I requested a bold pair with great patterning. You chose this pair because I THINK (29 year old memory) that this pattern had 'great cathedral pattern? No,  I sold them about the same time I was going through a divorce. They were not only stunning looking, but sounded other worldly.
I miss them to this day.
Larry 
Thanks for the helpful reply, Tom!

I would appreciate you modifying one speaker and perform whatever comparative tests you can between old and new.
I should buy a pair of standard 2.4s and mod those first, enabling the best comparison. My wife would *love* that! hehe - I wonder if there's a market for modded 2.4s?

I *am* serious about this, and need to decide among the many combos. I could go straight CSA for about $375. I could go CSA/CMR for about $610 or I could go CSA/Mundorf SGO for about $800. Or I could put CSA on the woofer and spend more on the coax. Some of these combos require a 4th cap to get the correct value. Life is too short!