Which is better Coax or Optical cables

I wanted to get some opinions on which provides better sound, coax or optical cables.  Is there a benefit to using one over the other?  Is there a brand/model you recommend?

thankful
For short length less than 15ft and with 24/96pcm, toslink is just as good as good coax. With toslink, There's no electrical comnection between components for those who care.  Plastic vs glass for such a short distance is silly... There's no loss of 0's and 1's with plastic.
Coax can stream beyond 24/96pcm.
Both can't do dsd.  Only coax can stream dsd converted into pcm using dop stansard (24/176.8)...
so i guess coax is better, it has less limitations.
No need to spend a fortune.  Just good shielding and 75ohms connectors.
Hands down without a doubt Coax or RCA is way better then Toslink/Optical for handling digital signals. the list in order is XLR,Coax,Optical. Toslink is last because it adds the most jitter of all. (jitter is digital distortion)
I've owned: Creative Cable Black Knight (coax), Creative Cable Green Hornet (coax), Nordost Valhalla (coax), and Audioquest Vodka (Toslink).

The only one I still own, and continue to use, is the Audioquest Vodka. The price/performance ratio, in my all digital system, is fantastic. It's got 95% of the sonic attributes of the Valhalla, just missing that last bit of air and sound staging.  

The Creative Cable products are quite nice as well, but a tad laid-back for my tastes.