Does anyone like vintage speakers?

I am surprised that there is a renewed interest in vintage electronics from the "golden age" of "HiFi". But I see little interest in period speakers. Without the speakers you really can't recreate the sound.
mechans
I bought the Wharfedale W90's new in 1963 for $250 pr. and still have them. The odd thing about the 12 1/2" woofers is that the face of them are flat and appear to be some kind of black styrofoam. They have very solid cabinets that are sand filled and heavy. The bass response is awful. Paste this on google for pictures.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.hifido.com/cgi-bin/market_info5.cgi%3Fcode%3D04-18193-22785-50%26lang%3Dj&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522wharfedale%2Bw90%2522%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG
The Stage's were my very first real hi end speaker. I purchased the demo pair with bases, on Long Island back in 1990. Kept them for about 6 years and sent them to my Dad..who kept them 4 years before he sold them. Although, I "upgraded" to the Majors and they were more dynamic with tighter bass....I did missed the midrange of the Stages overall.
I wasn't as much into the high end in the late 60's and early 70's as I am now. As a student, I just couldn't afford it.

I didn't become interested in the high end until the mid 80's, well past the golden age. I was mainly intrigued by Maggies and Quads, and I still couldn't afford it. So my "vintage speaker" associations are mainly with JBLs (L88s and 100s), KLHs (17s), ARs (2 and 2As) and various Advents that belonged to friends.

The main difference I hear bewteen speakers 35-40 years ago and speakers in the last 10-15 years is the quality of resolution - "modern" high end speakers, for good or ill, are much more highly resolving than the vintage speakers whether monitors or floorstanders, stats or planars.

(The solid state revolution changed everything.)

I still have some older electronic gear around (Heathkit, Scott, Yamaha, Luxman), much of it loaned to music loving, cash-strapped friends, one of whom I've also loaned my last vintage speakers to. I still enjoy many of older speakers, but I'm not looking to put any vintage speakers in my main system.

In fact, the only "vintage" piece in my main system is a Luxman tuner.

I am surprised, nay *shocked* that anyone considers Apogees vintage. No longer manufactured but of the modern era, surely.
I don't know what Apogees sound like, but they appear to have qualities associated with current high end and would not make "vintage sound".
The sound is hard to describe and KLHs differ from Advents (not by much) which differ from ARs etc. The real older speakers that were golden age do not resolve or have the ability to sound stage that modern speakers do with very rare exceptions. I think of Electrovoice Patricians, big Alects, JBL Hartfields as prime examples. When used with the old electronics there is a certain sweetness and listen-ability. Tannoys are also on my wish list and unfortunately every other vintage collectors list, Check out the price that a good pair of vintage Tannoy command on ebay.
I myself inherited some basic 1959 JBLs which use a driver that remained in oem use as the F-131 as the primary driver in the Greatful Dead's "Wall Of Sound". They sold the set up to Dave Mathews who used it well into the 90s. That speaker was designed in 1948, the same year Paul Wilbur Klipsch produced the Klipschorn which many still use and remain in production today although vastly modified,Thanks for all the responses.
Rackon reminds me that my very first pair of speakers were JBL L99s, the "large bookshelf" ones which had 14" woofers and wood fretwork grills. When I bought those what I really wanted were the B&W DM2s (see my post above) but I could not afford them at just over 3 X the cost of the JBLs. A few months ago I saw the DM2s on eBay and couldn't resist making a 30+ year old dream come true. I expected them to suck but---surprise!---they sound darn good. I consider them second best of the five pairs I currently have on hand by a very small margin.