ELAC - Adante... what’s the verdict?

Heard these at Axpona...  

However I’m amazed no one is talking about them, now that they’re out at dealers.  
contuzzi
Audio Doctor update, our Elac AS 61 just arrived!

So lets answer a few of these points:

Seanheis1, this review was kind of a snippet more of a preview, if you read the review, Steve, listened to the speakers in the CNET office with whatever gear was there, he had a few choices, but who knows the quality of the cables, and the source quality which was used, as well as the setup in the room, if I remember the review it didn't go into that much detail. Steve really liked them but found that there were a few things he prefered in the B&W. B&W is generally sold with Rotel, so perhaps the two products were voiced together?

Your comment as some of these are allready showing up used. That is another easy answer, the speakers are frigging huge, they also have way deeper bass then the frequency cut off of 41hz, they positively shake the room. So the combination of very deep bass and way bigger size is going to mean that many people are going to mistakenly think these are going to work in rooms and places that they won't.

When we looked at ordering the Elacs,  the speakers especially the stand mounted AS 61 didn't look that big based on the dimensions, but in person they are like the Kef Ref 1 huge for what is called a "stand mount."

Right now we don't know what they will sound like. but with so much hype about them and liking Andrew Jones's designs, we signed on without ever hearing them. 

The other reason was to be able to offer our clients one of the best selection of monitors in the New York Tri State/NJ area.

We now have the KEF LS 50,  LS 50W, ATC SCM 11 and SCM 19, The Elac Adante S61, the KEF Ref 1, and the Paradigm Persona B,  hows that for some cool monitors. 

We will update you guys after we have burned in our AS 61s.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Completely agree with Audio Doctor. These are special and unique speakers. I have them partnered with Parasound gear with Audioquest cables and they are dynamic and truly sing in ways I could not have imagined at this price point.