Best used or new DAC under $3500

What would be the best DAC for under $3500, new or used? I currently use the Chord Dave and I LOVE it. However, I'm looking to downgrade to save some dough. Some reference points:

1) Yggdrasil:  Sold it as the staging was too narrow/flat and it seemed a little lifeless
2) Ayre QB-9 DSD: Feel its a bit too bright/tizzy - at this point I'm done trying Sabre DACs.

Can anyone recommend a DAC that is not a mainstream sabre chip based DAC? I dont mind it if its an older generation or vintage DAC either - Just something I can get for under $3500. I don't want a discussion to defend Sabre DACs please.

Thanks!

jozurr
Wig:
I agree with the heart. I also think sometimes there is just too much gear too choose from especially in digital. Many choices that would all fit one's needs and price ranges.
Gwalt
Gwalt, 
Absolutely agree that there's an abundance of truly excellent audio components available in the current market. 
Charles 
I always tell my Audiophile friend this is the best time to be audiophile , because they are plenty of good dacs, sacd players, Speakers , and many more to choose from , price is reachable.
Hi,

We have A/B 72 different digital front ends and we just ordered the Soekris 1541. After the unit is broken in I will give you my honest impressions. I own an audio distribution company and rarely take on new lines but I am interested to hear the Soekris 1541 compared to my reference dacs.

Cheers,
Add Titans Audio Lab Helen before a reasonable DAC, such as an Arcam D33, and you can compete with the top fliers.