Marantz

Guys-

anyone here using a Marantz SACD player? Specifically, the special or limited editions?
jafant

I have always been a fan of  Marantz Reference CD players going back to the Marantz CD94 in the 1980's.

In the past 15 years I have also owned the Marantz Reference SA-1, SA-7, SA-11S3 sacd / cd players. All excellent players but the Marantz Reference SA-11S3 stands on top as the best natural sound and technology. Dead silent transport compared to the SA-1 & SA-7 and very eco friendly using less than 1W in standby. Many other state of the art features on the Marantz Reference SA-11S3. Just simply a great player.

TY- joefama

as we enter 2018, I hope to read more reviews on the SA-10.
Happy Listening!
I recently put my Marantz SA11 s3 for sale on Audiogon. I had some work done on it, (by an authorized Marantz service Center)and have it listed for $1600.00. Now that I have replaced the laser/tray mechanism this unit will play beautifully for at least 10 years without issue. The unit was not reading SACD's properly-redbook was fine. It sounds remarkable. I bought the unit new back in 2008 and have enjoyed it for years. I have now upgraded to a Marantz SA10 and it is also amazing. But the sa11s2 still is almost as good.