Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
By my A’gon membership count I’ve had 5 amp and preamp combos since joining the site, and that doesn’t account for purchases off the site.  I think it makes 9 or 10 total.  Could be more. 

I’ve had three - count ‘em three - pairs of CS 3.5’s, one pair of CS 3.6’s, and I forget my first three pairs of pre 3.5 Thiels. I am truly an audiot. 

I still have the guts of my last pair of 3.5’s,  drivers, crossovers, nameplates, which I offered to someone here free if they can be picked up, but I forget to whom I made that offer.  Consecutive serial numbers, but the midranges on either do not work.  Hello Rob Gullom?   VERY much worth having them repaired.  

As I’ve said before, one does not simply purchase Thiel, one invests in Thiel.  Discovering Thiel on the used market has allowed me to experience what high fidelity is all about at a fraction of the original cost. 

Oblgny, that would be me. Thanks for the generous offer, but I’m not sure when I’ll be free to pick them up. Please don’t hold them for me. Thanks again! Are you looking for another pair of 3.5’s?
It seems the site ate my detailed response.
In summary, just be careful because you don't know what you don't know. Thiel (Lexington) parts selection was rigorous and knowledge-based. Don't assume you can get a whole-system improvement by throwing more money at it. Compare notes among ourselves. I will share what I find out in my upgrade efforts.

Jim chose ClarityCaps SAs at that time, all things considered. CC replaced those with ESAs and now CSA's. I'll look closely at them. Mundorf recommendation came from Madisound based on wide comparative evaluation and user feedback.  Dave Garretson is known among you as a trusted source of good information. Use him. Be very careful of unknown recommenders. Rob Gillum will make knowledge-based decisions.

I will share the results of my PowerPoint 1.2 upgrade as it develops. Can photos be posted on this forum?
It seems the site ate my detailed response.
Aww, bummer. Sorry to lose what must have been some great info. Re: Mundorf recs from Madisound, were those for Thiels?

I don't know if you can put pics in this thread but you can in the user systems section. Also, audioasylum allows pics.
There is this wonderful website with a long list of capacitors and their subjective "flavors". Excellent source to choose a "seasoning" to experiment.
http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html