Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Tom,
You wrote "Regarding outboard crossovers, tread lightly. The crossover network works in an environment of the woofer magnetic field and the close proximity between various crossover inductors as well as vibration."

In my conversations with Rob on this, he said that size was indeed an issue for internal placement (this was re the 3.7), and that if one really wanted the best caps this would have be be an outboard mounting. Are you saying to forget about an outboard mod?
Beetlemania,

I looked at this link http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html too. Right -- how does this guy have the time, etc to review all these!? But it was interesting to read the various descriptions. I was a little wary of the "warm" sound described for the Clarity ESA and others. I don't want or like added warmth. I'm a classical musician, around live acoustic all the time in vastly differing venues. What I love about the Thiels is the clarity and ability to accurately reproduce timbre and transients. I don't want any of that rolled off. I realize that some (many) people actually like a warmer sound. Not me.
@tmsrdg I can't even find the name of the person who compared all of those. What is their experience? What is their system? What are their biases and preferences? IOW, how credible are they and how do we translate those words in ways that help us know which caps should be on our short list?

We get to "know" the hi-fi reviewers by reading their words and comparing that to what we experience when listening to the same product. Not much help for that in the case of these caps. One piece of credible info is that Jim Thiel and his team chose the Clarity SA for the CS2.4SE. Too bad we don't know what they compared it to. Also, Tom Thiel is steering us towards Clarity and Mundorf. One other brand that piques my interest is Cornell Dubilier but not sure if they make caps with the correct values for this purpose.

In the end, I might just go with what Rob Gillum recommends. I'm hoping he'll have a kit with all the parts, schematic, and DIY instructions.
Jafant, It’s been over two years since this thread started, did you get an amp yet?