Eric Clapton reveals this week of his declining health

The King of Electric Guitar this week, Eric Clapton, announced to the news media that he is just about completely deaf from severe tinnitus and is suffering nerve damage to his hands that will in just a matter of time compromise his ability to play. When Clapton goes it will be the end of the Rock era as we know it.

Years ago, B.B.King was asked at a press conference who he thought was the greatest rock guitarist of all time, he replied,
"My personal opinion?..."Eric Clapton is the greatest rock and roll guitar player of all time." 1986

audiozen
making every note count

Well said creamman.  He has also surrounded himself withself with great musicians over the years and always made them tow their load with solos and their particular skill set in his songs, particularly while on stage.

Seeing Clapton live is a real treat and I am fortunate to have seen him several times over several decades.

I think the era of Rock and Roll is gone. I used to enjoy watching the Grammys on tv. All they have now is pop music and genres related to Black culture. If your into rap or similar genres good on you. Not my thing. All the music I would listen to is disappearing as all the giants of the rock era are gone or on the way out because of their age.Its sad.
thedude720richard
I think the era of Rock and Roll is gone.

It died with Billy Idol. Whoever. 
In response to Czarivey post about Eric Clapton's child dieing:  Just for your information, you don't know what your talking about. The fact is when that happened there was a nanny looking after his child. She opened the window to air out the apt. The child climbed up and fell out the window. To imply that Eric was at all to blame is sheer nonsense. The nanny was distraught over her actions which contributed to the child's demise.You should check your facts before making incorrect statements.