Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
What about D-Link DGS-108, Linksys LGS105 , or Netgear Nighthawk S8000. Any suggestions
http://www.thelinearsolution.com/tcxo_router.html
Some fancy new stuff for audiophiles. Not heard or tried them, Guess Sotm will be launching a line to soon & probably many more to come.
Hope they are good.
All the best
Cheers
Footer comparison:

Selections:
Ariamateria - 3 different sizes
IsoAcoustics Gaia 3
StillPoints Ultra 5
Ceraballs
Hardpoint Trinia

Got a lot done actually. Compared a ton of footers. And under a ton of stuff.

Short answer:
Best under/which footer:
Music Server / Gaia 3
DAC / StillPoints Ultra 5
Preamp / nothing made a huge difference (Maybe a touch better with Ultra 5's. Maybe)
Amps / StillPoints Ultra 5

Need the Gaia 2 or the new Orea Bordeaux to try under the DAC and the amps.

The Ariamateria are not great, but very affordable. The Gaia are stupid good for the money. There was a thought that the only reason the StillPoints beat the Gaia under the DAC and the amps was that the Gaia 3 were overwhelmed weight wise. I need to compare to the IsoAcoustics Gaia 2 or the new Orea Bordeaux. Did not like the Trinia, nor did my panel of listeners. (Sorry Mike). 

But there are so many footers out there.

I'd like to still try the HRS Vortex and Nimbus, Symposium Roller blocks, ShunMook, Ansus and Franc Audio Ceramic Discs. But some are hard to get a hold of. I’ll report as I hear them. 
Matt, thanks for sharing. Isolation is so important and easy to implement and the results are outsized in their rewards.

It makes sense to hold off until the Orea Bordeaux is available. 

FYI, I have found that the Gaias fall apart before hitting their weight limits, (implemented under speakers).

I'm not surprised by your results with your Preamplifier. I've experienced marginal gains (so far) with my preamp....everything else has responded fabulously.

Give Ingress Engineering's RollerBlocks a try. A very good value...in case you want to try something else. The Level 3 Version 2, specifically...Request the carbide bearings.

Looking forward to your ongoing findings and results.