Bi-amping ADS L-1590 or L-1290

I have looked around everywhere trying to find out how to bi-amp the ADS L-1590's without having to use the impossible to find PA1 amps. Has anyone done this with an external crossover?
abruceaudino
Thanks Ausjoe, I actually found an active crossover that looks to be perfect to use with these, it is the TDM 24CX-2, 2-way with a 24 db/octave Linkwitz-Riley slope. Has crossover settings all the way up to 750Hz with an exact 500Hz setting so should be ideal.

Jhorsh, the early-mid 80s ADS towers are often classified as a great speaker to listen to rock music through because of a lack of subtlety or politeness, but IMO they can still sound great, smooth and detailed, with all types of music. I think the "in your face" classification these get stems more from their ability to be driven hard (they do require decent power to sound their best) and play at ridiculously loud listening levels with no distortion, than a true sound characteristic of the speaker itself. (I tend to view speakers such as Cerwin-Vegas and the larger Klipsch Heritage models as more of typical "rock" speakers-- those just weren't made to be subtle.) It has also been my experience that vocals can sound just a bit repressed through these speakers if you have them too far apart or tight against walls, but if you have them situated in your room correctly and are right in the middle of the soundstage you can achieve fine detailed sound through the entire audio spectrum.
Can I use an ADS C2000 bi-amplifier system controller with ADS L1590/2's. or does it need to be modified?
Well i can't find a ADS crossover or pa1. Should i sell them and give up.
what i'm worried about is what to replace them with. how much do i have to spend. does anyone have a crossover so i can get more base. are they worth keeping? whats better than them under 2000...need help soon.
I have a pair of PA-1's that need some repair. Does anyone know any vintage repair shops that would have experience with the PA 1's? These puppies were hard to find I want to get them repaired correctly.
Try Richard So in Arizona, [email protected]. He should be able to help you, as he deals in a lot of stuff for a/d/s and repairs speakers.