Bi-amping ADS L-1590 or L-1290

I have looked around everywhere trying to find out how to bi-amp the ADS L-1590's without having to use the impossible to find PA1 amps. Has anyone done this with an external crossover?
abruceaudino

Showing 4 responses by jhorsh

Sblagg..you were correct on not biwiring, it sounded like crap and found a few sites on damaging to the speakers. Single wiring sounds the best. I was thinking of just adding a small sub to my system i think it may help.
i was going to upgrade my speakers but most of the speakers are described as smooth and warm sounding. My music taste is stones to Van Halen.

Jon
I just found myself a pair of ADS L-1590/2 with the org boxes in mint condition.
I have an 300 wpc mcintosh power amp. My question is can they be bi-wired?
Each speaker has 4 post 2 are ued for bi-amping. i know there are two switches on the bottom one for turning of the tweeter but what about the other?
Can I use an ADS C2000 bi-amplifier system controller with ADS L1590/2's. or does it need to be modified?
Well i can't find a ADS crossover or pa1. Should i sell them and give up.
what i'm worried about is what to replace them with. how much do i have to spend. does anyone have a crossover so i can get more base. are they worth keeping? whats better than them under 2000...need help soon.