Which Patricia Barber album floats yer boat?

As far as my knowledge is concerned and from all the reading that I do, “Blood on the tracks” by Bob Dylan is considered to be his best album by far. For Joni Mitchell it is “Blue”. What really amazes me is that there is no general consensus on which album of Patricia Barber is the best. Some prefer “Modern Cool”, some “Companion”, some think “Nightclub” is her best album! I think it is “Café Blue” Why? Cause the two tracks numbered 9 (Too Rich for my blood), and 11 (Nardis) strike a chord in me like no other songs of her. They have the energy which seem to ooze out from the system in spades.

Which album of Patricia Barber floats yer boat and why?
128x128quadophile
I only have two of Ms. Barber's CD's, Cafe Blue and Modern Cool (on BR and SACD).  I like Modern Cool the best for its moody flavor.

Please forgive the slightly off-topic question.  I want to purchase Companion.  Anyone out there compare the SACD to RBCD versions?  Is it worth it to spend at least 5x the amount of the cost of RBCD and get the SACD?
I just bought the DSD download of companion for $25 at acoustic sounds, a fair price.  Are you using hard drive based music yet or only discs?
Out of the six albums I own:

The Cole Porter Mix
Monday Night Live at the Green Mill

I’m afraid that Cafe Blue in my mind just did not age well in. It’s extremely clean and lacks any noise at all, but for musical enjoyment the latter albums easily surpass it.

I think if Cafe Blue was introduced today, no one would recognize it as a noteworthy album for audiophile quality alone.

Best,

E
Thanks for your query @marktomaras.  I'm still spinning silver discs (only).  But, I've decided to get the RBCD copy of Companion as I couldn't justify almost $100 for the SACD.
Patricia Barber?  Recordings drenched in artificial reverb?  Same thing, right??

Frank