Turntable sounds so much better when...

Hi i have a Pioneer pl-510-turntable and when i loosen the screw about a full turn, at the headshell/tonearm connection the sound is Amazingly better!! The Bass tighter then ever...Highs so crisp and Clear...soundstage much improved...im baffled...??!! I have a Denon DL-110 cartridge..PLEASE help me understand..Thank-you Richard
128x128vinylholicmusic
@noromance

I suppose I was briefly tripping over nandric’s last post thinking maybe he was referring to me specifically?? (which was ok if he was) but I take it now that he either meant it in general or had someone else in mind (and that Richard’s post at 7:04 might be echoing that). Sorry for any confusion...it’s way late for me though, I work 2nd shift so I’m turning in. Cheers to all.
Audiophile: "Doctor, it sounds good when I do this..."
Doctor: "Then keep doing it..."
This is all weird, but...Maybe with the headshell tightened you are getting mechanical vibrations that you may not know about causing distortion. Loosening the headshell may be dealing with some of those vibrations. You may receive even greater nirvana by tightening things up again, and dealing with possible mechanical noise coming from below. This of course is pure speculation.
Kenny