A lot of hype about PS Audio, deservedly so ?

Hi, have been reading a lot about PS Audio BHK serie and their top Dac.
Do they deserve all the praise they are given, and do they hit way over their price class?

Also, how is the production quality?
gryphongryph
The BHK Amps  and Pre are excellent and to be applauded --I have not auditioned the DS Dacs but the kudos are noticed and are appreciated . The only product I would not touch are the Power Plants which can give floppy bass and squashed dynamics-they are not recommended.

If Mr McGowan was kept away from the micr phone by his spin doctors--it would be welcomed--his spell and put down of competing products does not do him nor his company any favours.

Team212
I also live just around the corner from PS Audio in Boulder and (Johnkent3) I also recently purchased their new Stellar S300.  I agree, it's a fantastic amplifier. I'm going back for the DAC/preamp too. PS Audio is a great place to visit...the vibe is good and both engineers and sales people are first class to deal with. Their listening room is a treat, as too is hearing the history of the speakers in there.
I also owned a Directstream DAC two years ago..amazing support and very good sounding DAC for the price. I sold it to a friend when upgrading my gears. He is still enjoying that DAC until now. 
PS Audio's quality is top notch.  Built solid ....  Some other brands will seem a bit chinzy when compared side by side.  Sound is solid as well. 
My Stellar Gain Cell DAC and factory refurbished Perfect Wave Memory Player just arrived today and the sound right out of the box is already noticeably more natural and vivid than my previous source, an Audiolab 8300CD. 
By the way, newer Audiolab gear, I've learned the hard way, is to be avoided at all costs.  Nothing but trouble even if it does sound superb.