Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Matt, thanks for keeping the socks on.  Will it be a different color for each video?  PLEASE don't take them off!!!!  Thanks for taking the advice to heart.
Since this thread has developed into a general discussion about digital sources and that I have found that power cables to be critical , I was wondering what pc’s you have found worked best in your system and with what digital source and dac. In my particular case I have found the Mola Mola dac and fidata server to work exceptionally well with pc’s by Sablon.
I like the Brinkmann Nyquist Tube DAC it's sonically accurate. Sounds more like Analog then any other DAC as Helmut used his Brinkmann Balance turntable when he was voicing the DAC.
This DAC is Tidal, Roon and MQA Capable.

I also like the Meridian Ultra DAC. Like the Brinkmann it's awesome at all fronts. Musically the Meridian Ultra DAC is amazing as a PreAmp too. Basic CD Resolution and MLP make ordinary recordings sound much better.

Smer319 - I have heard great things about the Brinkman. Sounds like a rather unique product and I’d love to hear it, and the new Meridian. I started with a Meridian DAC and surrounded professor years and years ago. It was very very good with my Classe multi channel amp and Aerial Acoustics 10T speakers, which I still have.