Article about us Audiophiles: 'Audiophilia Forever'

david_ten
Nice article. Very grounded in reality and many will relate  especially the end where he proclaimed he could not afford it. :^)
I can't imagine many people taking the time to read through it.  Unless you're familiar with the gear, those names mean absolutely nothing. I'm somewhat surprised the New Yorker would publish it.  
chayro the article did a good job explaining why the gear was special, regardless of name. Plus New York has more folks than usual that might afford it problem being a lot of it is large and space usually at a premium there. Maybe those with homes out on Long Island or Jersey might care.

I was disappointed he was at the NY Audio show and did not mention Ohm Speakers in the article in that they are local in Brooklyn, reasonably affordable in comparison, and do not take up a lot of space. What a shame!

That’s often teh problem when people talk about audiophilia, they get too caught up with the stuff that nobody can afford or at least want enough to pay up. Nature of the beast I suppose.

I was in NY over the holidays and noticed the Devialet store in Grand central Station. Wanted to stop in but did not have time. Did make to the Harmon store which had JBL, Levinson and Revel gear set up for demo (and a very nice saleperson to talk about it) and Audio 46, a very well stocked headphone shop in midtown.