Any Spendor sp 1/2 owner or former here ?

...bought a pair of them, new. The rest of the system is a Naim CD5 and a Cary integrated SLI-80 Signature in triode mode almost all the time that shouldn't be more than a year old each. Basic Chord interconnect and bi-wiring. Found two use Sound Anchor stands too, tune to that model they say.
If you will, I'd like to learn from you things like how long in your experience did it take for them to sound their best ('break in period' I think you say in English ?); what did you discover that made them sound better : positioning, room treatment, cables (maybe)... ; how long did you keep them ; or anything you may think of.
For myself I find them already quite involving ; intellectually they are quite satisfying also, as they effortlessly reveal every musical line in anything I fed them but I am more into emotions.
I wish they would sound a bit fuller and hopefully they will ; for the moment they're not the warmest of the world. Although they reveal the athmosphere of the recording they don't bring it my house yet even with eyes closed.

Forgive my limitations in English.
Waiting to share impressions and knowledge with you.

Jean M.
jeaninmontrealec68
A quick way to break in speakers: Turn them to face one another (about 4" apart) and wire one speaker out of phase. Throw blanket over both, turn CD player on "repeat disc" and hit Play. Experiment with volume but the out of phase speakers facing one another should cancel out more than half the sound. You can be much more comfortable going about your business in the house with them playing and breaking in this way.
Quite an intersting trick Tom. :)
Useful to meke the music play louder than what I care for when I am away.
The breaking in is coming along fine. Listening to Nora Jones now. If these speakers ever get even better this will start to become... Funny, even the bass is more precise now.

Thanks to everyone for the tips en encouragement.

Jean
Hi,

I bought 2nd hand Spendor SP 1/2 speakers years ago, didn't know super tweeter not working(I found yesterday),I took up real panel check it out crossover but it's looks fine to me
my super tweeter working condition not blow out,
so now only working woofer with middle tweeter, if anyone know about this kind of problem please let me know.
to [email protected]
Simon