Wharfedale Denton vs Diamond 225

I'm looking for a small pair of speakers in the $500 range and these two caught my eye. They are from the same manufacturer and sell for the same price. Anyone with any experience on their sonic differences?
128x128audiogabby
" By the way, I'm curious what song you played sounded compressed when push to high volume,"

I don't have particular recordings in mind, but I'am loosing dynamics and clarity when playing pop, rock at high volumes much quicker with the denton than with my totems and ls50s (all same size drivers).  Note that both LS50s and totems use long-throw drivers. Also, it could be my room, my stands, my integrated... I do feel for sure that the Dentons definetely could use better amplification (more dynamic power and control) compared to the two others which sound good pretty much with anything.

You mentioned new Denton 2 85th... never heard of this... Are you leaking something that is still kept secret?

thanks for citing Moanin" as a reference - I don't think I have it on hand, but I'll look for it..
oh.  I have  Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers - Moanin' on a est of "blue note", 2CD set.... listening to it right now on my Totem hawks.
Bass is put way low in the mix and appear in the back of the soundstage.
I'll listen to it when I put back my wharfedale.
@chrisr Denton 2 85th seem only available in China market, I'm not sure, could be a little a bit late for other countries official release, I'm keen to know how the track Moanin' perform on LS50 compare to Denton 1, hehe...and perhaps your other speakers too

One of the best small speakers ever heard is the Siefert Maxim iii. They sound similar to the $14,000 Sonus Faber Extrema speakers but without the sticker shock. I heard them years ago at a fellow audiophile’s setup and pretty jaw dropping on how natural sounding they are.