Need recommendation for amplifier

One of my NuForce monoblock amplifiers seems to be irreparable.  I need to get a new amplifier.
 I’m looking in the one to two thousand dollar range, new or used.
Any recommendations for a decent amplifier in that price category?
128x128rvpiano
"All of a sudden, after playing the unit for several hours, the amp seems to have kicked in. Sounds much better.
Who new?"

Hi rvpiano,

I was going to post after your ’1st impressions’ post (stating the Red Dragons sounded a bit bright) to suggest you just wait a few days for them to calm down but, from your last post, it sounds like your amps already did before I could post.
I probably should have warned you about this apparent tendency for class D amps to sound a bit bright right out of the box that disappears within the first couple of days of use. I noticed this with all 3 of my class D amps; 2 stereo and a pair of monos all different brands.
In my experience, the good news is the brightness goes away rather quickly and then the performance continues to improve (more tonally correct and natural) for several weeks afterward until they stabilize. Too small a sample size to claim a tendency but I’m basing my comments not only on my experiences but also on numerous other class D amp owners reported similar experiences, too.
I really don’t recall a specific point in time when I ever thought during this ’break-in’ period that the amps had achieved their optimum performance level. Only in retrospect can I estimate it took about 6-8 weeks for my class D amps to reach their current optimum performance levels.
Since class D amps are so efficient, I leave my amps on 24/7 so they’re idling constantly and immediately perform at optimum levels.
I suggest you may want to do the same (I only turn them off when I’ll be out of the house for more than a day).
It sounds like you’re currently mildly pleased with the Red Dragons thus far. I think you can expect a similar break-in period for your amps with performance improving significantly over the coming weeks.
I would just caution against making any decisions until you’ve auditioned them for at least a month or so. Worst case is you return them and try something else.
Hope this helped a bit and please keep us posted on your impressions; good, bad or otherwise.

Tim

"The 350 was a 6 out of ten rating, and the price was suspiciously low."

I'm eyeing that 350 too. That 350 is being auctioned so the low price that you saw was the bidding price and will probably go up by the time its over. What caught my eyes was the seller, its tektondesign !

Tektondesign is the company that builds and sells Tekton speakers so I assumed the owner is selling this along with some speaker cables.