Can cables of any cost and quality provide bass response missing in my B&W speakers?

I'm sure variants of this question have been offered previously, but let me ask in light of the following:  I have a very modest main system powered by an Adcom 555II amp, Adcom GFP-750 pre-amp, and run into a pair of B&W CM-4 speakers (6.5in woofer, 6.5in. woofer/mid. and tweeter, and bi-wireable).  Any music with a moderate-to- heavy bass component (organ, bass fiddle, etc) just doesn't translate to my ear.  I'm using a mid-range pair of Monster cables, and in fact tried a second pair of Z-Series to no audible difference.  On the other hand I have a legacy pair of a/d/s 1090L tower speakers (2x7.5in woofers, 6in. mid-range, tweeter) that deliver thundering bass when needed regardless of cabling used, and powered by the same system.  Even tried passive bi-amping for the B&Ws by using an old Carver M-500t amp for HF input, and Adcom amp for LF input...no diff.  Is there any point really in looking at higher-end speaker wire of, e.g., thicker gauge, or exotic geometry, or multi-conductor "shotgunning", whatever, in order to induce greater LF response from the CM-4s?  Thanks for your patience.
compass_rose
Something else that might improve bass depth and clarity would be to decouple the speaker cabinets from the floor. You can make inexpensive decouplers with Moongels wrapped in adhesive felt drawer liners. These worked wonders in my system. If you hear a worthwhile difference, you will find many competent commercial decoupling systems that work well.

If your power amp is ~ 20 years old, it is likely that replacing the four large electrolytic filter caps also will help with bass and overall performance. Obviously, replacing caps is a more difficult and expensive project to consider. 

All other above suggestions are well worth trying also. Good luck in solving your problem.
Post removed 
Whoa, it’s a fair cop, totally wrong about Al residential wiring re:NEC...just retailing anecdotal hearsay when our then 50s-vintage house was getting totally rewired in late 70s....however, Al cable from mid-60s-early 70s was really not reliable for long-term use in residential construction, and building inspectors were obliged to report use of when homes changed ownership.  Insurers demanded this, and would in many cases refuse policies unless homeowners made necessary upgrades.  From what I now understand there is now an Al alloy in use much superior to early wiring, but given price of Cu cable today, find me a developer who would order his subs to use Al-based wiring.

re:jafant...You’ve clocked it, mate, the CM-4s don’t come close to the 800 series...but neither does the price...it is what it is.
Oddiofyl +1, My audio mentor said music is not pure with sub on 2 Chanel stereo.and I believe Him, Now I wish I did not believe Him , good sub like my Rhythmik did made my system more weight, more aliveee, more open ,can’t listen without one....