GutWire Ultimate Grounding Cable

With the recent reviews, and positive reports from a couple of members here, I decided to take the plunge and order one. 

https://audiobacon.net/2017/12/09/gutwire-perfect-ultimate-ground-cables-review/

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/gutwire/1.html

Like others I have been intrigued by the positive reviews for grounding blocks from various companies, but the prices are prohibitive. I decided to spend the extra $100 for the Ultimate over the Perfect as both reviews say it offers significant improvement. I am planning on plugging it into an unused RCA input on my Antique Sound Labs autoformer passive pre. I'll post updates after I get it, and have broken it in.

tommylion
Installed the Gutwire Ultimate Grounding cable and was sort of hoping it wouldn't make much of a difference so that I could return and use that money elsewhere on my system but it's staying right where it is. As Tommylion pointed out it lowers the background noise allowing improvements across the audio spectrum to come forth. I too find it a tad bright but I only have about ten hours on it so far, I'm sure the sound will improve with time. 

Between recently adding the Gutwire grounding cord to my preamp and the Isoacoustic Gaia I isolation footers on my speakers I'm experiencing the blackest background I've ever had and that really allows the music to come forth beautifully. If this keeps up I'll have to rethink my skepticism of audio tweaks :)
Following this tread with great interest, so please share whether the initial brightness of the Ultimate version subsides over time.  Thanks.

I'm using a modest IFI Groundhog on an Aqvox switch that connects a modem, (2) routers, and server.  I bought the $50 device as a "test" before spending serious money on an Entreq, Synergistic Research, or something similar.  Once connected the modem, the Groundhog made a major improvement in SQ.   In the quest for better sound, I'll probably replace it with either the Perfect or Ultimate ground cables soon and report back.  

Am curious to see if that "bit of brightness" disappears over time. Or it may simply be a touch revealing and maybe the cheaper gutwire will work better in some systems? Just wondering. I can appreciate the Iso Acoustics as I'm using one half of my Iso Acoustics "original" stands under the Aero 6's instead of the supplied plinths because they work better for me. The Gias are very interesting. All the best of the season. Be safe, be happy. cheers, bluenose
I'm not sure if my Ultimate Ground has fully broken/settled in yet, but the break in brightness is gone, and my system is sounding amazing. Realism, musical involvement and enjoyment have been raised to a new level.

Prior to adding it, I had already taken extensive measures to deal with various types of noise. Most recently I put RCA shorting plugs on all the unused inputs on my pre. This made another very nice improvement. I was wondering how much further could the Ultimate Ground lower the noise floor? The answer is, “Quite a bit”.

One note: the Ultimate is definitely in the stiffer “garden hose” category of cables (although the section close to the RCA end is narrower). You will need some space behind the component to fit it. If this is a concern, you may want to consider going with the Perfect. The standard length is 6’.