Recommendations for music network player

Hi. I'm never in digital and I'm very septic. I'm using Mac mini. Any suggestions for any thinking better sounding than Mac , I do own dac , but would be great to hook up to music player cd ripping device. Thanks for response if any 
pophaudio
Good job regarding DIY cables , sound you know what you want from life . Many times we are paying big bucks for crap  because big NAMES . But every thing starts from people like you.

Now I'm breaking in Vault so far so good , few days I'll run trough optical output on my accuphase dp78 and then switch to preamp c2420  I'll keep updating.

I don't know only how to use ROON and TIDAL . 
TIDAL itself works because was preloaded 

thanks a a lot guys I'm new on this forum and I like it too
@pophaudio,

My recommendation to try a good RCA (SPDIF) cable instead of Toslink. IME, the RCA digital cable will sound ‘fuller’ vs Toslink which can sound ‘thin or flat’ in some systems, YMMV. 
You are right it is sounding kind of flat , I thought because needs sometime brake in . I'll try coax
@pophaudio - MY DIY journey started out of necessity - like many others  I did not like the price of cables that proved to be uninspiring.

Then I got into experimenting with different geometries and it grew from there.

Net result was the Helix cables - excellent performing cables for a fraction of the cost of the big names.

lalitk recommends RCA cables for digital - as it turns out the Helix RCA can also be used for Digital and they have outperformed digital specific cables from the commercial brands I have tried.

Food for thought?

Regards - steve