Need recommendation for amplifier

One of my NuForce monoblock amplifiers seems to be irreparable.  I need to get a new amplifier.
 I’m looking in the one to two thousand dollar range, new or used.
Any recommendations for a decent amplifier in that price category?
128x128rvpiano
rvpiano,

That is a sad story.  If you want a very good pair of class D monos in your price range I'd suggest D-Sonic M-600 monos that I own and love on my Magnepans or the Red Dragon M-500 or M-1000 monos that get great reviews.

Tim
Noble100,
Based on your recommendation, I just ordered the Red Dragon M-500 monos.
i understand they have a 45 day try-out policy.
They do get great reviews.

If you want class D, I'd look at whatever you can afford in the Bel Canto range.

For something more conventional, yet excellent for the price, check out the different stereo and mono offerings from Odyssey.  Again you can tailor to price, or you might find a good one used on Audio Circle.  And the owner of O (see all the threads) is very responsive.

rvpiano,
That was fast! Good choice buying the Red Dragon M-500 monos, congrats.
Yes, the 45-day tryout period is very good but I seriously doubt you’ll want to return them. Plenty of clean power and high damping factor should enable your DQ 20 speakers to really sound their best.
The combo of your CJ tube preamp with a very good pair of very neutral class D monos will allow your system sound to be influenced primarily by your preamp and sources so I hope you’re currently very satisfied with the quality of both the CJ and your sources. Your new Red Dragon amps do not add anything to the signal to compensate for subpar recordings, cabling or upstream components.
My D-Sonic M-600 monos are also very neutral and they enabled me to much more easily distinguish how any changes I made in my upstream components or interconnects/power cabling affected my system’s overall sound. This aso included tube swaps/upgrades I made to my former VTL 2.5L preamp.

Enjoy,
Tim

Tim,

I was anxious to get something decent after suffering through the the repairs of the NuForce.  I’m hoping the technician will buy them back from me.  He’ll be able to use them more than me.  I won’t hold my breath though.

Thanks again for the recommendation. 
Thats exactly what I’m looking for, a neutral amp.
I do have excellent upstream components, so hopefully this will be a great match.