Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
My recollection is that anything continuous over 83db loud or so causes some damage to hearing. Gotta watch that!
Post removed 
Given Nitrobob's preferred listening levels of 108 to 112 db, what would be surprising to me is if his impressions of the speaker did **not** differ considerably from most of the others that have been reported.   Not only would I expect the sonic characteristics of the speaker to be significantly different at those levels than at the levels most of us listen at, due to the cabinet-related effects Bill mentioned as well as driver-related effects such as thermal compression and increased non-linearity, but I'd expect our hearing mechanisms to behave differently at those levels than at the levels most of us listen at.

Regards,
-- Al

Having heard a 10 watt soft clipping tube amp drive those to satisfying listening levels no problem, I’d be willing to bet that high power SS amp cranked is overdriving them resulting in thermal compression and other forms of distortion associated with overdriving a speaker.

Depending on impedance curve amp clipping is always another possibility at very high volumes even if the speaker is more efficient overall. Having heard them, a power draining impedance dip or two in the bass would not surprise me.

Teajay,
Regarding the preferred listening volumes of nitrobob I feel the same as James. Some things just are self evident in life. Sheer common sense would dictact that listening regularly at 110 SPL is most certainly risking permanent hearing loss. What reasonable person would require reminding of this (obvious) point?

I have always made the assumption that we are mature adults who freely determine what suits them for better or worse. I won’t tell someone what’s the proper SPL they should adhere to. I just know what is right for me, to each their own. An analogy, you shouldn’t have to tell someone not to remove the radiator cap of an overheated car engine. 
Charles