Shahinian Obelisk vs VandersteenTreo

HI fellow ’goners.
I own the Shahinians, thinking of upgrading to the Treos. The Obelisks sound a little smallish for the room... And the room is not square, it's a big living area of a house, with access to the second floor's roof. 
Will this be an upgrade or just a sideward move?
Room approx 60m2, driven by Musical Fidelity A5.5, 250wpc at 8Ohm (thinking of replacing this one too).
Mostly jazz and acoustic music, less frequently - classical and pop.
Thanks!

ja_zz
Bob,
I Will experiment more, certainly. 
Everybody on this forum seems to like Ayre a lot.  Why? And what about other pre's ?
mr_m,
No more XLR-RCA's. No more. 
Ayre is white light pure water adds very very little coloration.... Charley ( RIP ) a very talented and principled designer, a genius and a very astute ear.... so the rep in my opinion well deserved!

until recently I hung my Reference amp hat on his VX-R Twenty
bested by Richard Vandersteen new amp but at a price for sure

as for your pre-amp CJ
give it a chance those are some very talented guys with good ears and design sense.....

Thanks.
Waiting for the CJ to open up.
Frankly, looking at upgrading my power amp to an Aesthetix Atlas. Not sure that this is THE weak link in my system, but it got me thinking...

(((3 out of 4 are DACs with volume regulator, the last one is a streamer  with this)))

Bleak at best.
 Try and find or keep a real preamp without ICs in the path.
 Audio Research Ayre Aesthetix etc
 have you done the in-room compensation set up?
 Have you read the manual and done tilt back?
 Are your spikes / cones installed and tight?
 Best JohnnyR
JohnnyR,
What exactly do you mean by "a real preamp without ICs in the path"? My preamp is quite real, and if you go separates vs integrated, you will always have ICs ( interconnects?) In the path. Or am I getting something wrong?
Also, what’s wrong with Conrad Johnson?
I have no spikes/cones whatsoever, so no. Need to buy them.
And I haven’t done the in-room compensation thing yet.