Magico A3

Finally a set of Magicos that seem worth the price (to me):

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/12/new-magico-a3-speakers-photos-and-info.html

I'd love to hear these.
nitewulf
It's an interesting thought.  I think if this is say, the flagship, I'd assume a smaller floorstander (minus one woofer) at 8K and a monitor at maybe even 5/6K. Or if this is the middle of the range, a larger floor stander at 12-14K.

Either way, since Magico has become a 'prestige' brand, it's great to see them offer a hi-tech 'affordable' range of speakers.
Well, this is interesting. It's a few grand cheaper than the S1 Mk. II, which was a pretty odd speaker in some ways, but keeps the very smooth, very wide dispersion drivers, and significantly improves on the sensitivity. 

Would be interesting to know the grade of crossover caps used as well. 

In my mind, this is a much easier to sell speaker than the S1 Mk II. Shame it looks a little clunky, but I am sure the sound quality will make up for it. This is also going to be within good striking distance of the Focal Sopras. If it sounds as good as the S1, with better sensitivity and bass, it will spank the Sopras.

Best,

E
This must be the speaker one of the TAS writers was alluding to as a new $10k speaker to watch out for and also  one he could not talk about yet.

I liked the Magico S3 MKII a lot. If the A3 is of the same pedigree then this is a speaker I will have to look at for my office.
@yyzsantabarbara

In terms of an office speaker, just keep in mind, the S3 requires a ton of side-space to sound its best, I imagine the A3 will too, so be sure to check that out.

On the other hand, the improved sensitivity and bass hopefully makes the A3 easier to drive, and a little less chesty.

Best,

E
Post removed